Brianna is a young girl from Tanzania. Brianna is a beautiful, friendly and cheerful girl, the only child to her parents. When Brianna was a year old, in her playful mode, she accidentally dipped her left hand in the boiling cooking oil where her mother was cooking from. She was rushed to the hospital where the burns were attended to. However, the burns healed with contractures that have affected her ability to fully utilize her left hand. Her mother sells food at a local Swahili restaurant in order to support the family. The family was not able to fully raise the money for contracture release for Brianna. Her grandmother provided them with some funding and her fingers were partly released. She, however, needed further contracture release. She was brought to our plastic clinical camp whereupon review, she had surgery recommended. The family is not able to meet the cost of treatment and so appeal for financial assistance.
Fortunately, our medical partner, African Mission Healthcare Foundation, is helping Brianna receive treatment. On September 24th, surgeons at their care center will perform a burn contracture release surgery to release the two fingers allowing Brianna ability to fully utilize her left fingers. Now, she needs help to fund this $608 procedure.
Brianna’s grandmother says, “Please help treat my granddaughter her parents have not been able to afford her treatment cost.”