Nenglanget is a young girl from Tanzania. She is being raised by her mother and grandmother, who work as farmers.
Nenglanget’s lower leg was accidentally burned by a cooking fire. She was rushed to the hospital and had her wounds treated. Unfortunately, her wounds developed repeated infections. Now, she can no longer walk.
Nenglanget needs to undergo an amputation surgery so that she will be able to use a prosthetic leg and have a chance to walk again. Surgery is scheduled for March 5 and will cost $1,035.
Nenglanget’s grandmother says, “Please help my granddaughter she can no longer walk due her leg being deformed from the fire.”