Landei is an adventurous, playful and social 10-year-old boy from Tanzania.
A while ago, he and his friends were playing in the fields, climbing on electric poles as the cattle were grazing. Sadly, they didn’t realize the dangers that the poles posted, and the boys were electrocuted. Landei sustained burns to his hand and thigh. He later developed gengrene and had an emergency below-elbow amputation. However, his condition is not improving and now he needs an above-elbow amputation to save the rest of his arm.
Fortunately, our medical partner, African Mission Healthcare (AMH), is helping Landei to receive treatment. On June 10th, he will undergo surgery at AMH’s care center and now, AMH is requesting $1,088 to cover the cost of Landei’s procedure and care.
Landei’s father shared, “our son’s accident found us with no money to seek treatment for him that’s why it’s gotten this bad. Please help him have the needed surgery.”