Vutha is a 21-month-old boy from Cambodia. He enjoys playing with his two older brothers, watching cartoons on television, and going to the market with his mother.
When Vutha was eleven months old, he accidentally came into contact with fire and burned his right hand. He is unable to open his hands and flex them properly, and cannot hold onto anything.
When Vutha’s family learned about our medical partner, Children’s Surgical Centre, they traveled for four hours seeking treatment. On December 23rd, surgeons at CSC will perform a burn contracture release surgery to to help him use hand again. Now, he needs help to fund this $448 procedure.
“I hope my son recovers well after his surgery and is able to move his hand and fingers again.” -Vutha’s Mother