Candle is a seven-year-old student from Burma. He lives with his family in Htee San Ra village, Myawaddy Township, Karen State.
During his school holiday, Candle was riding with his uncle and grandmother on a motorbike. While they were going down a hill, the motorbike slid and fell onto Candle’s left thigh, breaking his femur bone. Currently, Candle is in pain, and he cannot move his leg.
With the help of our medical partner, Burma Children Medical Fund, Candle will undergo surgery to reset his fractured bones and ensure proper healing. The procedure is scheduled for October 15 and will cost $1,500. This procedure will help Candle to be free from pain and walk again.
His father says, “This is the first time that an accident has happened to someone in our family. We are both very upset to see our son suffer from the pain and as a father I feel sorry for him and I cannot sleep well.”