Yohana is a student from Tanzania. He is nine years old and is in second grade. Yohana lives with his parents, who are both maize farmers.
Several years ago, Yohana was burned while sitting near the fireplace in their kitchen. His clothes caught fire, burning the left side of his body. His parents took him to the hospital, where he was hospitalized for several months and was finally discharged. However, he has remained with burn contractures. Yohana cannot stretch his left hand or carry things.
Fortunately, our medical partner, African Mission Healthcare Foundation, is helping Yohana receive treatment. On March 5, surgeons at their care center will perform a burn contracture release surgery. After recovery, Yohana will be able to attend school again, carry things, and play happily. Now, he needs help to fund this $608 procedure.
Yohana says, “I will be happy return to school after getting treated. I miss my friends very much and can’t wait to rejoin them.”