Langeda is a charming 23-month-old boy and the only child to his mother. Langeda’s parents work as livestock keepers who sell cattle to provide for their family.
When he was five months old, Langeda was in bed while his mother was outside doing chores. He woke up and rolled off the bed, and his hand went into a bedside fire. He sustained severe burns and was treated at home using traditional medicine, however, he now has limited use of his hand.
Fortunately, our medical partner, African Mission Healthcare (AMH), is helping Langeda receive treatment. On March 2nd, surgeons will perform a burn contracture release surgery so that he can use his hand freely. Now, he and his family need help raising $874 to fund his procedure and care.
Langeda’s mother was grateful that support for her son was now possible and shared, “we have never sought treatment for our son due to lack of money.”