Abraham is a two-year-old boy from Tanzania. His father is a farmer, and his mother stays home to take care of him.
He was born healthy but suffered a terrible fire accident when he was one month old. While sleeping, he fell out of bed and rolled. His right foot landed on the ashes of the burning fire. This injury left him with a contracture, whereby his toes have attached to his tibia. Now, he cannot straighten his leg, which is painful and prevents him from walking.
Abraham needs to undergo a foot amputation. After recovery, he will be able to walk with a prosthesis. Surgery is scheduled for April 20, and his family needs help raising $1,035 to fund the procedure.
Abraham’s grandmother says, “I am grateful that my grandson will get this treatment and that he will be able to walk without difficulty or pain. Please help him.”