Chanthen is a two-year-old boy from Cambodia. He has two older sisters, and he enjoys watching television and going for walks in the village with his parents.
In October 2018, Chanthen accidentally came into contact with an open flame, burning three of the fingers on his left hand. The burn has since healed but the skin has tightened, restricting the movement of his fingers.
When Chanthen learned about our medical partner, Children’s Surgical Centre, he traveled for eight and a half hours seeking treatment. On August 8, surgeons at CSC will perform a burn contracture release surgery to to help his fingers move and flex properly. Now, he needs help to fund this $448 procedure.
“I hope that my son’s fingers will heal and he will be able to move them and carry something in the future.”