Plork is an 18-year-old ice driver from Cambodia. He has 7 siblings - 3 brothers and 4 sisters. Plork is the youngest in the family. He lives with his parents who are farmers.
In December 2020, Plork was electrocuted in an electrical accident, which burned his hand. Electrical burns occur most commonly on the hands and feet. His family took him to a provincial hospital for wound care, and he spent 3 days in the hospital. When Plork returned home, his right hand got infected and did not heal. He went and had a surgical debridement of the dead skin, which healed well. Now, however, Plork cannot use this hand and is constantly in pain. He is feeling very unwell and describes his health as poor.
When Plork learned about our medical partner, Children’s Surgical Centre (CSC), he traveled for six hours seeking treatment. On February 5th, surgeons at CSC will perform a skin graft to help his hand to heal properly so that he can use his hand again. Now, he needs help to fund this $787 procedure.
Plork shared, “After surgery, I hope my right hand will be get better and have no more pain and wound infection. I hope I can return to work soon and support my family again.”