Sokhom is a 45-year-old rice and bean farmer from Cambodia. He lives with his wife and two children in Kampong Cham. In his free time, he likes spending time with his family and watching TV. Sokhom is also an avid volleyball player, and before his injury, he played nearly every day in his village.
In June 2023, Sokhom accidentally burned his right hand on a mosquito coil in his house. Two days later, his hand had severe swelling and he sought care from a local village healer. Unfortunately, the skin around the burn has become infected. He experiences pain, swelling, and discharge from the wound.
When Sokhom learned about our medical partner, Children’s Surgical Centre (CSC), he traveled for two hours seeking treatment. On July 5th, surgeons at CSC’s care center will perform a debridement procedure to remove damaged and infected tissue from the wound. Now, Sokhom needs help to fund this $324 procedure.
After surgery, he hopes that he can use his right hand easily again for work and volleyball.